BY Hancock Sheriff Office Mar 13, 2020 Press Release: B-11a, Sheriff Alerts-Hancock County, Uncategorized
COVID 19: Calling for Emergency Response
- If you are experiencing any flu like symptoms or have any medical questions, please contact your general physician first. This will allow 911 operators to concentrate on emergency calls.
- If you feel there is a need to use your local EMS for treatment and transport, please give the 911 operator detailed information about the symptoms that are presented. If the patient has recently traveled, within or outside of the United States, this information is vital.
- Please understand and be patient with all 911 operators as they will be asking more questions than usual to ensure First Responder Safety.
- We all have to be honest with any information that could result in harm to others.
- Make sure you inform the EMS/Fire Personnel when they arrive of all the information you provided to the 911 operator.
- We understand that this may be more time consuming, but we are attempting to keep all of our First Responders safe to return home.
- Our goal is to keep all county residents as safe and healthy as possible.